Tourist Application Requirements for a Ghana Visa
According to Ghana’s visa policy, citizens of 21 countries and territories are visa-exempt and can stay in Ghana for up to 90 days. Visas on arrival are also available for the citizens of the African Union, excluding Morocco. All the other nationalities in the world are required to obtain a visa at the embassy.
You must provide your actual signed passport. Your passport must:
- Be valid for the next six months.
- Have at least one blank visa page (amendments and endorsement pages cannot be used to fulfill this requirement).
- Not be frayed, torn, separating, or altered in any other way.
You must provide two color, passport-type photographs that meets the following criteria:
- Be taken within the last three months and printed on high-quality photo paper
- Be taken against an all white background
- Be two inches by two inches
- Provide the full frontal view of your head with your face centered in the middle and displaying a neutral (non-smiling) expression
- You may wear neither eyeglasses nor headwear except for religious purposes
- Your photos should not be affixed to your application and it may not display evidence of adhesive tape or staples.
Proof of Travel Arrangements
You must provide proof of travel arrangements for the duration of your trip. Details of your intended arrangements must:
- Include a copy of an itinerary or e-ticket that displays your round trip travel and entry and exit dates for your destination
- Show the traveler’s full name (as printed in his or her passport)
Which Countries Do Not Need a Visa in Africa?
Citizens from ECOWAS States by virtue of the protocol on Free Movement of persons, the Right of Residence and Establishment (PROTOCOL A/P1/5/79):
- Benin (Visa not required for 90 days),
- Burkina Faso (Visa not required)
- Cape Verde (Visa not required)
- Côte d’Ivoire (Visa not required)
- Djibouti (Visa on arrival)
- Gambia (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Guinea (Visa not required)
- Guinea-Bissau (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Kenya (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Liberia (Visa not required)
- Madagascar (Visa on arrival for 90 days)
- Mali (Visa not required)
- Mauritania (Visa on Arrival)
- Mauritius (Visa not Required for 90 days)
- Mozambique (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Niger (Visa not required)
- Nigeria (Visa not required)
- Rwanda (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Senegal (Visa not required for 3 months)
- Seychelles (Visitor’s permit on arrival for 3 months)
- Sierra Leone (Visa not required)
- Swaziland (Visa not Required for 30 days)
- Tanzania (Visa not required for 3 months)
- Togo (Visa not required)
- Uganda (Visa not required for 3 months)
- Zambia (Visa on arrival for 90 days)
- Zimbabwe (Visa not required for 3 months).